Monday, October 31, 2005

 

Community in Action

Something good just happened tonight.

As I was about to leave Sommerville after I had my dinner, a teenager shot out of the neighbouring restaurant like a "noctural cave-dwelling bird out of the place of the damned" into the night, followed by the proprietor and a few customers in hot pursuit.

They caught the boy for stealing.

Now for a bit of background for those not in the know, Sommerville is in the east side of Auckland and is a bit of an ethnic area, along with all the diversity (good) and the undercurrent of tensions (bad) of a mixed community.

Just seeing the Korean boss and customers of all sorts of colours sticking up for each other and doing what's right gives me the warm fuzzies.

By the time I post this the cops should have finished taking the shoplifter away...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home